Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SCUBA Diving with Nurse Sharks!

I had the opportunity to go SCUBA diving with nurse sharks last weekend.  It was a shore dive in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL with a max depth of less than 15 ft, located near the Anglin's Fishing Pier just 1 block south of Commercial Blvd. Parking is limited, and cost $1.50/hour. A dive flag is required for divers & snorkelers.  If you need to rent gear or get air fills, I recommend Gold Coast SCUBA. They are friendly & very knowledgeable.

As we were unloading our gear, I talked to a diver that was just coming out of the water. She told me they didn't see much. I asked about sharks, and was told their group didn't see even one... That was not the case for our group. We saw about 10 nurse sharks, and I was able to get some great footage on my GoPro. Here is the video (watch it in Full Screen HD). Enjoy!





Want to see more of my videos?  Subscribe to my YouTube channel.



Keep an eye out for my next post: SCUBA Diving the Blue Heron Bridge (west site)

Thanks for reading. Please comment, follow, "like", and share. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Robbie. Where is the next one? Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Please follow my blog.
Your comments & feedback are always welcome.