Friday, July 18, 2014

Red Snapper Fishing out of Port Canaveral

Sunrise at Port Canaveral
     Last Friday, I hit the water with some friends for the opening day of Atlantic Red Snapper season. During the 2 1/2 weekend season in July this year the government was kind enough to let us keep ONE "endangered / over-fished" Atlantic Red Snapper per person, no size limit, for purpose of gathering data from the carcasses back at the dock. After loading the boat up with gear, ice, frozen squid & sardines, and beer, we launched from Sunrise Marina at Port Canaveral as the sun was coming up. After a quick stop to catch some live bait, we headed out for our target fish, Red Snapper. We fished, caught fish, laughed, drank some beer, and had a great time! I brought the GoPro along to document our trip. Check out the HD video on YouTube- 


... There was no shortage of Red Snapper.  ;)


Watch in Full screen HD & subscribe to my YouTube Channel


We caught our limit...

Atlantic Red Snapper


Back at Sunrise Marina feeling sore, tired, and hungry, we cleaned our catch, and headed home.

Red Snapper limit


Saturday night, I made lemon pepper baked red snapper with roasted green beans & red potatoes for the Wife & I for dinner. 


If you have any good Red Snapper recipes, please send them my way. I have another big fillet in the freezer, as well as some scraps that I plan to use to make fish soup out of. 



Thanks for reading. Please comment, follow, "like", and share... And if you haven't already, subscribe to my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog.
Your comments & feedback are always welcome.