Sunday, October 12, 2014

Wings & Waves Air Show

I attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Wings and Waves Air Show on Saturday. Now I've seen a few demonstrations, and plenty of fly-overs, but this was my first time going to a real air show... And I think I'm hooked!

United States Air Force Thunderbirds Bomb Burst Maneuver

The Wings & Waves Air Show is free for spectators on October 11th & 12th from the Daytona Beach Hilton Oceanfront Resort (between the Main St. Pier & the Bandshell). The show starts at 11:30am each day, and the schedule of performers is the same both days. 



Bring a chair, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera with plenty of batteries... I didn't bring enough batteries for my Nikon 16x optical zoom camera, so most of my pictures were taken with my cell phone (until I filled the memory card up).  There are plenty of vendors onsite selling food, drinks, and cold beer. 


United States Air Force Thunderbirds


Here are a few videos I shot during the air show...

 

If you like these videos, subscribe to my YouTube channel.

 



And now for the still photos...

 

 

 lucas oil skydiver




 

 

 

(click on photos to enlarge)

 

 

 

 



I'm already making plans to attend the NAS Jax Air Show in two weeks. Subscribe to my blog, and stay tuned for my next post!




Thanks for reading. Please comment, follow, "like", and share...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog.
Your comments & feedback are always welcome.