Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Beer Review: Palm Speciale

Palm Speciale is a Belgian beer brewed by Palm Breweries. It is an amber ale, and weighs in at 5.4% ABV.



The description from the Palm website:
"Speciale Belge" is one of the better Belgian beers of the early 20th century. This smooth-drinking, amber-coloured top-fermentation beer has a sensible alcohol content.
Its honey-like mellowness comes from special PALM malts, and specially selected PALM yeasts give it a fruity yeast aroma. Fine aroma hops from Kent add subtle harmony. PALM is the absolute number one BELGIAN AMBER BEER.

 


I didn't purchase this beer, so I'm unsure of the price. The pour is amber with a good amount of head. This medium body beer is very drinkable. The flavor is actually a little light from what I would normally expect from a 5.4% ABV beer. It is slightly sweet, slightly bitter, with a decent amount of carbonation. I could easily drink this all night.

 


Although I am a big fan of amber beers, this probably wouldn't be a beer I would pickup from the store, but I am glad that I had the opportunity to try it. I am going to rate this beer a 7 out of 10. I would recommend you try this beer if you get the chance.



Thanks for reading my beer review. Please comment, follow, "like", and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog.
Your comments & feedback are always welcome.